Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Why and how I quit taking the kids shopping with me

Oh how I wished I looked this cute shopping


So earlier this year we had a grand underwear crisis also known as I found out that the twins had spent a weekend without clean underwear because they had ran out/out grown all of the pairs they had at our house #badparentingmoment on me. I could of rallied the troops and headed to the nearest big box store ie Walmart or Target but than I realized I was pondering taking baby, two preteens, and a teen underwear shopping, together. Thankfully we didn't make it out of the door before sanity asserted itself.  No good could come from taking the whole herd on expedition. Not to mention the twins and the oldest have reached the age were its a little akward to be shopping together for underwear.

After doing a quick internet browse for deals it was a snap to be able to order what everyone needed. Plus we could avoid all the akwardness of discussing who needed what and in what sizes. Which meant the girls didn't have big brother over hearing the underwear discussion and same for him. Everyone was happy, everyone was able to get the right size, color, and  deal (that part only mattered to me). Best of all I was able to get everyone what they needed in one "trip", there was no fussing or in store argument, no akward discussion of training bras or boxers versus briefs (again for anyone other than me). Pretty much a total win right?

Not quite. About a week later I got the email of based on your previous purchases we recommend, and it was nothing but an ad for underwear for the whole family. No socks, no shirts, no pants, just a variety of undie options for all. *facepalm* At least the kids have clean underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment