Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm a good enough mommy, you're a good enough mommy or ladies your both pretty

I am saying enough with the mommy mean girls games.  I for one am done with women who can’t play nice and than wonder why we have issues with bullying. We may not agree on each others parenting styles but as long as our children are being nurtured, encouraged, cared for, and thriving let’s let the small things go.

So I breastfeed, you bottle-feed. It’s not my choice how you feed your baby both of our babies are getting nourished. Yes it does mean I will be letting my son latch on to my breast and sometimes it will be in PUBLIC. It’s a natural feeding method and it works for us. I promise when I am not in the privacy of my own home I do try to be discrete. Trust me I really don’t want to be showing my breasts or nipples to anyone. Sometimes though it takes a moment to latch and babies squirm. As for your baby being fed formula I get it nursing doesn’t work for everyone, it doesn’t matter why. Both of us are being successful mommies as long as our little one has a full tummy.

As our babies get older I will continue to respect your diet choices, gluten free, vegan, organic, no refined fats or sugars, etc. Should our children be friends and play date or be in classroom together I will even try to accommodate those dietary restrictions when it comes to snack time but we need to communicate. I admit I am lucky I don’t have child or husband with food allergies. While I do try to cook wholesome and delicious meals from scratch sometimes we do go out to eat or even hit a drive thru. Again to me its ok everyone has gotten fed.

I am not the best-dressed most high fashion mommy and neither are my children. Labels quit being important to me in high school to me it is more important that we have all made it out the door in something that is clean, coordinating and they have addressed hygiene issues. Sometimes they dress themselves and they look like hobos I admit it. Trust me it has or will be addressed at home; I don’t need a snide mommy comment I all ready feel bad enough. Also some days I do run errands in yoga pants and a t-shirt, it  is ok I’m running errands not running for Mrs. America. Yes my hair needs a good cut and dye too. Right now making it to a salon is on the to-do list but it’s not a high priority for me right now. If you are getting it done more power to you but I’m ok with me.


I think I covered a few of the big points. It breaks down to really I’m an ok mommy, you are an ok mommy. We are both trying to do what’s best for our families. So fist pumps and solidarity mommies we are all good enough even if our good enough isn’t exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment