Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Do you really want me to wear the amount of material I can afford?

 
I admit it Moe doesn't often even look at splurging on a new t-shirt for herself. A lot of my wardrobe is a few years old or rescued from the second hand store. However late last night Moe happened to be shopping on line and looking for at a custom printed t-shirt. Now I admit this was a luxury item that I ended up not buying but not because it was a luxury item. No the reason why I didn't click and order was because instead of purchasing the unisex option I went to price the cost of a women's t-shirt instead. Moe didn't buy herself a new t-shirt of awesome because to get a shirt with less material than the unisex size she would have to pay extra.
 
This isn't just with a specific manufacturer or printer of t-shirts.  Often times even with clearance items there is an extra cost accessed for what is considered a plus size in women's or juniors wear but what is still considered with in the normal realms for unisex or men's wear. Often the item of clothing that is junior's or women's wear is made out of thinner ie less durable fabric that I will have to replace sooner than I would if I bought the equivalent in men's/unisex wear. The fit also when I buy unisex wear isn't as comfortable as if I bought something designed for a woman. My breasts are something that I do have to accommodate for. I can't just say I'm having a bad boob day and take them off. So that generally means paying an additional upsizing fee. So not only am I being charged for being a woman, I'm being charged extra for being a woman with large breasts.  Yet if you look at size chart above a women's large is still smaller than a men's medium. A women's large is also shorter in length than a men's or unisex medium.
 
I know this blog post probably won't change anything in the realm of gender inequality. Moe just won't buy from companies that continue to charge her an upsizing and being a woman fee. There is a difference in fit and feel between women's and unisex/men's sizing. So anything that has an extra fee to cover less won't be bought by me. IF you however you are looking for cheap advertising send Moe a t-shirt...  for no fee across my chest your logo can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment